1. 248 kms of precise leveling survey have been completed 2. Height of datum station at Maadar of Siraha district was connected from Indian datum. 3. Precise height to Pataale, Chhulyamu and Pike Subsidiary HS was inducted from Maadar station.
1. Monumentation of all Gravity stations (155 stations) was completed in 2075/76 2. Gravity survey at 139 stations have been completed in 2075/76. 3. Gravity observation for all 298 stations have been completed.
1. GNSS survey for all the stations (298 stations) have been completed.
1. Field work for trignometrical survey is completed. Everest has been observed from 12 stations.
The team of surveyor conducted successful summit expedition of Mt Everest on 22 May 2019. The team was lead by Chief Survey Officer Mr. Khimlal Gautam and Survey Officer Mr. Rabin Karki as a member of the team. The team was supported by Mr Tshiring Jangbu Sherpa (international mountain guide). The team conducted 1 hour 16 minutes GNSS observation and also the GPR survey. In the mean time Mr Suraj Singh Bhandari and Mr Yubaraj Dhital supported in communicating with the summitters and the Department
MoU between Survey Department and NMA
Mt. Everest summiter selection for training
Weather Stations Supported by National Geographic Society
Survey department and Trimble team at equipment handover ceremony
1. Datum station at Madaar of Siraha district was established in 2074/75 field season 2. Precise leveling from Indian datum has been conducted in this field season 2075/76 from the Indian side. The final result is expected to receive soon 3. Momerandum of Understanding (MoU) between Survey Department and Trimble has been signed with prior approval from Ministry of Finance. All the listed equipments have been received. 4. Momerandum of Understanding (MoU)between National Geographic Society and Survey Department for Meteorological data acquisition has been signed. Survey Department received nine meteorological equipments and data access from four Automatic Weather Stations (AWS) 5. Training for the staff of Survey Department has been conducted in Bern University for GNSS data processing in Berenese. 7. Training for the staff of Survey Department has been conducted in Technical University of Denmark for Gravity data processing and GEOID determination. 8. MoU between Survey Department and Nepal Mountaineering Academy has been conducted on 24th January 2019 for the conduction of training to the surveyors who will be doing GNSS survey at the top of Everest. Selection process for the participants of training for expedition has been completed and the training is being conducted from 19th of Falgun 2019. 9. Survey Department received equipment support from Trimble company that will will be used for Everest measurement.
Last updated: 21 March 2020, 10:14 PM